Open to all HealthTexas Primary Care Doctor’s patients who are pre-diabetic, newly diagnosed, patients who may need a refresher course.
Classes are 3 hours duration. Maximum number of attendees 8 per class.
Topics of discussion:
- overview of diabetes
- pathophysiology, signs/symptoms of high and low blood sugars
- lab values and goals using ADA guidelines
- nutrition- importance of eating balanced meals, identify what foods are high in carbohydrates and how to limit amounts, how to read food labels
- importance of being active
- preventative measures
- how to incorporate life style changes into everyday life
- Taking control of diabetes and partnering with PCP to manage their health
Maximum number of attendees 8 per class
Register by Calling 210.921.9915
Face Mask Required Adults Only FREE EVENT